At Brass Ring Learning Centers , your child’s health and safety is our primary concern. Here are just a few of the childcare health and safety items we address everyday.
Childcare Safety and Security
- Our centers are secured so that only staff and families may enter.
- Visitors are to make appointments.
- Safe, secure outside play areas ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- Our childcare facilities have monitored security systems, monitored smoke detection, fire extinguishers and security cameras.
- The safety of your child extends to the regular maintenance of our facilities and equipment.
- Children are only released to parents and those that have been authorized by parents. We will ask for Photo ID the first time mom, dad or other designated individual arrives to pick up your child.
Childcare Provider Qualifications
- We have dedicated, friendly childcare providers who are trained in child development, early-childhood education or a related field.
- We conduct criminal background checks on all of our childcare providers.
- Our staff is trained in Infant / Child first aid and CPR, fire safety and emergency preparedness.
- All children entering childcare must have a health assessment/ physical prior to enrollment.
- All children enrolling and attending Brass Ring Learning Centers must be current on all required immunizations.
- We will notify parents if there is a case of a communicable illness present within our facilities. (Pink eye, chicken pox, flu etc. )
- We will call parents when/if a child becomes ill during the day.
Childcare Hygiene and Sanitation
- Our childcare centers are cleaned and sanitized twice each day with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
- ALL cleaning supplies that are used daily in the sanitization and cleaning of the childcare facilities surfaces and toys are kept safely out of reach of children.
- All toys, especially those in our Infant childcare area as well as other surfaces are cleaned throughout the day to help prevent the spread of germs.
- We teach children to wash their hands before eating,after eating, after bathroom use.
- Diapering is conducted in an area separate from children’s play areas.
- Our childcare staff members sanitize potty chairs after each use.
- All childcare staff washes hands frequently.
- Medications will only be administered with a completed medicine chart. The medicine permission chart must be filled out completely with the following information: Child’s name, Date, Type of medication, times to be given, correct dosage, refrigeration requirements, parental signature, and a copy of the prescription from your Doctor.
- We will not administer medication, prescribed or over the counter, without prior written consent.
- Medications must be in the original container and clearly marked with the child’s name.
- Medications are stored in securely locked containers and are kept out of the reach of children.
- We have an emergency preparedness and evacuation plans at each center.
- Fire emergency evacuations drills are preformed monthly.
- All staff is trained in the proper usage of fire extinguishers.
- Breakfast, lunch or snack foods that require refrigeration must be clearly labeled with the child’s name.
- All infant bottles, food and formula are marked with the infant’s name.
- We welcome breastfeeding mothers, and we have careful policies for separating breast milk from formula.